Sunday, April 28, 2013

Reflection on Week One

I forgot to blog yesterday. I did set goals though, and I managed to accomplish two out of three. Today, I am going to take a rest from goals and just reflect on the week behind me and the week ahead of me. I ran three times, and did two out of three strength training workouts. The running is a joy. The strength training is tough, even when I'm only doing half of the P90X workout. I've been sore every day, but I actually feel better about my body when I can literally feel my muscles. I missed one day of training on Thursday due to allergies, and I am not making it up today, which was my planned rest day. I could, but I'm actually really mentally and physically tired, and I think a break will help me do better for the week coming up. I came close to fulfilling my nutrition goals each day, but I need to start thinking of them ahead of time, so I don't get caught halfway through the day playing catchup on adding protein to every meal or trying to fit in five servings of vegetables. Tomorrow I will weigh myself and see if I lost anything. The real goal, which I hope I will accomplish in a few weeks, is to get into all of my size 12 clothes that I pulled out of the basement from before I lost the weight from my last pregnancy. I think I would be okay with taking a full nine months to get back into my pre-pregnancy size, which is a 10. Much better than the two years it took me to lose all the weight last time! The weekly goals I'd like to focus on for the upcoming week are these: Fitness: Incorporating core workouts into my running days. Nutrition: Focusing on doing more "clean eating." I would like to get my daughter involved in this too, since I realized she's pretty addicted to packaged food, and there's no one to blame for that except me! (and my husband, but he's not as educated about this stuff). Wellness: I feel like I need to work on my happiness. I've been feeling "fine," but I'd really like to get some joy back into my life, and that is going to take a conscious effort until it becomes a habit. I am going to recycle some daily nutrition goals, and stick with getting my workouts done as my daily fitness goals. Wellness goals will be more interesting as I try to work on the weekly goal of becoming more happy. I might set some goals like "make a new workout mix," or "laugh out loud at least once." I'll have to spend some time thinking of some other strategies for this one, because it takes some creativity to be happy on purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment