Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Week One, Day Three

Fitness Goal: Walk 4 minutes, run 2 minutes, x5
Nutrition Goal: 5 servings of vegetables.
Wellness Goal: Go to bed early.

Strategies: I did the run without a jogging stroller today, and took the path rather than the more hilly sidewalk along the street. It was a beautiful sunny day and I felt great. The training plan has me switching to four minute runs and two minute walks next week, which seems like a big jump, but on relatively flat ground running without the stroller, I may have actually been able to do that today.
The best way to get five servings of vegetables is to start early. I wasn't able to do that because I was rushing out the door this morning, but I did manage a late morning omelet with spinach and avocado (counts as two in my book!). I'm having red peppers with hummus for a snack, and I'll sauté some green beans and steam some carrots for dinner. Yay! That wasn't so hard.
As for going to bed early tonight, I guess that's just a matter of turning off the television and getting the baby tanked up on enough milk to get her through a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment